Today, the many support groups available willing to help in finding missing persons are becoming big in number. This is good news! These groups help not only in technically finding the missing person but in giving support for the family. This is very crucial for a complex and difficult situation like this one.
Here are the basic things that these groups do:
1. Assists in finding the missing person. It seems every member do his or her part in helping in the person search. They use social media, word of mouth, creating awareness to the community about the missing person, put on posters, give away flyers, and create ads.
2. They meet to provide emotional and moral support to members.
3. They provide training to help families cope. Training for safety and prevention of such cases are also given.
4. They collaborate with the concerned agencies to help make the search faster.
5. They provide prayer support for the family.
Support groups are needed especially during these moments. It will be a great decision to join one if you have someone missing in the family or if you simply want to genuinely help.